The programme is once again being supported by Shaping Futures, providing funding for 10 schools across the region to take part.*
Registration for the Liverpool Future Food Challenge 2018-19 is open. Register now!
The funded programme includes:
- Our TEDx talk for years 9 – 11 (October – December 2018).
- The 12-week after-school programme for a group of 15 Year 9 students.
- A teacher training session to help you facilitate the programme.
- A launch event at The University of Liverpool with scientist speed-dating and business masterclasses.
- A final competition event at Farm Urban’s underground agri-lab, to exhibit and pitch your product against other schools.
The 12-week online programme includes:
- A student-led programme challenging teams to form a startup business and design and build their own aquaponic system.
- Real-world science and engineering plus the chance to develop project management, marketing and finance skills.
- A full set of learning resources, designed to make life easy for teachers.
- A materials bundle to enable you to build your own system.
- A Produce Pod system for your school to keep and experiment with.
*Eligibility criteria apply. Get in touch to find out more.