This programme is being supported by Greater Manchester Higher, who are offering fully funded places to schools across the region.
If you would like to register please contact your regional hub manager (deadline for registration: 14 December 2018).
The funded programme includes:
- Our TEDx talk for Year 9 students.
- Aquaponics workshops for two groups of Year 9 students.
- The 12-week after-school programme for a group of 15 Year 9 students.
- A teacher training session to help you facilitate the programme.
- A final competition event at Farm Urban’s underground agri-lab, to exhibit and pitch your product against other schools.
The 12-week online programme includes:
- A student-led programme challenging teams to form a startup business and design and build their own aquaponic system.
- Real-world science and engineering plus the chance to develop project management, marketing and finance skills.
- A full set of learning resources, designed to make life easy for teachers.
- A materials bundle to enable you to build your own system.
- A Produce Pod system for your school to keep and experiment with.